My lofty goal to produce blog posts was interrupted by life. You know, my boss actually wants real work out of me, my children to be fed, and my husband
wants clean underwear wants to hang out with me. I can’t believe they would cut into my blogging time. The nerve.
The last 4 months have been quite the whirlwind. I am wondering why it isn’t summer anymore, how September got skipped, why Christmas commercials are now on! Things need to slow down. I need a pause button.
This is what has been happening in my world:
- Celebrated all the kids birthdays. They are now 15,13, and 10. All double digits and they all eat like a bunch of linebackers. True story, 2 of my darlings plowed through 36 granola bars in 24 hours. 36!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t get me wrong, I am angry but a little part of me is somewhat impressed.
- Finished Summer sports (lacrosse and hockey). I love summer sports!
- Survived and finished Fall sports (lacrosse and hockey, with a little soccer and football thrown in). September is the month where all sports collide. It is a common occurence for my children arrive at a hockey rink wearing cleats because they just came off a field. It is also a common occurance not to see my spouse because we divide and conquer.
- Had an amazing girls trip to Florida right before that bitch Irma came to town. My family graciously opened their home to us to allow for a bit of RnR before the school year started. It is my happy place and I unapologetically soaked up every single moment (not feeling guilty that my husband is single handedly running three kids to everything!)
- Sent the children offto to school. They are in 3 different schools with 3 separate start times. Can someone throw me a friggin bone?
- Summer Lacrosse tryouts. Yes, They do them in September.
- Summer Hockey tryouts. Same as above. This is a legit thing.
- Winter hockey tryouts. Now that we got next summer 2018 out of the way, we can focus on the season in front of us.
- I completed the Looney Challenge. Three races, one weekend….more on that later!
- That brings me current. We are now at MEA Week (end). This is the first major break from school in Minnesota. Teachers are in “workshops” and the kids are out of school. All I know is that everyone I know is on some beach or at Disney right now taking advantage of the days off. I love MEA weekend (which is actually almost an entire week)! Can you guess where my family is? You guessed it, a Rink! My daughter is in a hockey tournament.