My lofty goal to produce blog posts was interrupted by life. You know, my boss actually wants real work out of me, my children to be fed, and my husband
wants clean underwear wants to hang out with me. I can’t believe they would cut into my blogging time. The nerve.
The last 4 months have been quite the whirlwind. I am wondering why it isn’t summer anymore, how September got skipped, why Christmas commercials are now on! Things need to slow down. I need a pause button.
This is what has been happening in my world:
- Celebrated all the kids birthdays. They are now 15,13, and 10. All double digits and they all eat like a bunch of linebackers. True story, 2 of my darlings plowed through 36 granola bars in 24 hours. 36!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t get me wrong, I am angry but a little part of me is somewhat impressed.
- Finished Summer sports (lacrosse and hockey). I love summer sports!
- Survived and finished Fall sports (lacrosse and hockey, with a little soccer and football thrown in). September is the month where all sports collide. It is a common occurence for my children arrive at a hockey rink wearing cleats because they just came off a field. It is also a common occurance not to see my spouse because we divide and conquer.
- Had an amazing girls trip to Florida right before that bitch Irma came to town. My family graciously opened their home to us to allow for a bit of RnR before the school year started. It is my happy place and I unapologetically soaked up every single moment (not feeling guilty that my husband is single handedly running three kids to everything!)
- Sent the children offto to school. They are in 3 different schools with 3 separate start times. Can someone throw me a friggin bone?
- Summer Lacrosse tryouts. Yes, They do them in September.
- Summer Hockey tryouts. Same as above. This is a legit thing.
- Winter hockey tryouts. Now that we got next summer 2018 out of the way, we can focus on the season in front of us.
- I completed the Looney Challenge. Three races, one weekend….more on that later!
- That brings me current. We are now at MEA Week (end). This is the first major break from school in Minnesota. Teachers are in “workshops” and the kids are out of school. All I know is that everyone I know is on some beach or at Disney right now taking advantage of the days off. I love MEA weekend (which is actually almost an entire week)! Can you guess where my family is? You guessed it, a Rink! My daughter is in a hockey tournament.
Now that I have declared myself a blogger again, I am having a difficult time taking the necessary first steps. It seems like there is so much more to blogging these days than it was several years ago when I had my Blogger site. I am getting sucked into a vortex of information on the ins and outs of blogging and it all makes my head spin. In reality, all I want to do is create a log of my experiences and if I get a few readers along the way, it is a bonus!
Similarly, my desire to get fit is the same way. I am constantly talking about do it, reading about best ways to eat healthy, and I pay for a gym membership that is waiting for me to show up. I keep waiting perfect time and the perfect plan and logically I know that the perfect time doesn’t exist. I am the queen of the “I will start tomorrow” and I have about 3 decades of the “tomorrow” that have come and gone. I simply need to start small and change 1 habit at a time.
I don’t have a plan (yet) but I am taking the first step. I am going to publish this post and I am going to get out of bed a little earlier without over thinking it.
“In order to kick ass you must first lift up your foot.”–Jen Sincero (If you haven’t read “You are a Badass”, I highly recommend it!)
Who starts a blog and then abandon’s it after only one post? Evidently I do.
I am jumping back in and reviving this little corner of the internet because I have some very exciting things developing. I am stepping far and wide out of my comfort zone and will be working with Matriarch Digital Media and this blog is the perfect companion. I know I am being vague but stay with me, the details are developing and will emerge soon!
For the last seven years I have polluted the internet with my tales of being a misfit runner. My blog, Chubby Chicks Run Too… has grown a bit stale since I took a little break from running. No running. No blog. One of my goals for 2015 was to get back into writing. I have been missed writing and floating around the Blogosphere reading and connecting with other bloggers. I have spent many hours staring at a blank screen hoping to come up with a new idea. Any idea.
Several months ago, anyone and everyone that I knew started harassing me about an open casting call for a Hockey Mom reality television show. They said I would be I would be perfect for this roll since my life is all consumed with everything hockey. After all, I have 3 little rink rats at three different levels, I sit on the board of our association, and I am a budding player myself. Add to that, I always seem to have a story that is worth a laugh. As much as I think getting to be “famous” would be fun, I know I would hate seeing myself on TV (Uh…camera adds 75lbs, right?). Not to mention, I would not want people seeing how bad my laundry can pile up, how we use hockey bags as furniture, or what I try to pass off for meals (Fruity Pebbles for dinner anyone?). As much as I would love to have the gumption to do something like that, I could never go through with it even though I loved the idea. Now I just wait to see what kind of suckers did sign up and I can watch them.
My rink rats
I got the idea to start this new blog several months ago while watching the waves crash into the shore on a beach in Florida. In my relaxed state, my thoughts drifted to my life back in Minnesota where there is never a dull moment and rarely time to relax. We are always on the go and always trying to stay on top of everything without falling flat on our faces. Then it hit me, my life is a lot like running on ice .
Cue the Oprah “Ahh Ha” moment.
Running on Ice.
It had a a nice ring to it and I was determined to make that the title of my new blog. Running on Ice sums my life up quite perfectly as I work very hard to stay standing. Most of the time I am a hot mess because I am trying to juggle being a rock star mom, work full time, and try to make myself a better person while maintaining a thing or two that I like to do. I am absolutely no Super Mom and would classify myself as one big Pinterest fail. I thought back to the reality show open casting call and everything all of the sudden made sense….I will be the star of my own show! I am claiming this spot on the internet were I cover topics ranging from Allergies to Zambonis.
As far as the fate of Chubby Chicks Run Too…. I can’t bring myself over there to officially retire it because it is a lot of years of my life. So for now, that blog will collect dust and cobwebs. If you are interested in reading you can do so here .
There you have it….a new blog is born!